So now I have a second job. I worked 3 mornings. Good job since I don't have to sit behind a desk. It is a small local market. Waiting on customers takes up most of the time, but you have to make more breakfasts/lunches, restock cancer sticks, sort empty cans and bottles, bake cookies and brownies or restock the pastry cabinet, wrap muffins, or sliced quick bread, etc., etc. I like physical busy. To sit at a desk would make me nuts. I had a chance at a great job but am glad I didn't go for it. I am very poor. It is a struggle to pay bills every month but I would have had many doctor bills with a great paying sit still job. (Been there done that.) I can't afford cable, don't eat out, go to movies, etc. But I am a peace since I came back to the Faith. I miss eating out at different restaurants, but have developed food allergies so that eating out is no picnic....ha ha. Anyway, this part time job will help me catch up on bills. Every month I paid the phone in full and partial electric bill. The next month I paid the electric bill in full and partial phone bill. I owe friends money. $100 here and there they gave me to help me get through a month. I will be able to pay them back. I can get a pair of eyeglasses so that I can read the computer in the new job and see better in my 'real' job. I will eventually get my teeth fixed! YAY! I always had good paying jobs. This poor stuff kinda stinks. But the funny thing is I am much happier now than I ever was in the past! I don't feel much political pressure at work. I don't have the sexual harassment that were prevalent in my past jobs. But most important is that I know Jesus. I was raised well by my mother. I left the Faith and now am back. I truly thank God! Truly! I was away for 30 years and am so grateful to have come back before I died!!! Seriously!! And what a lousy life I led. I didn't do really bad things, but I thought I was so smart believing the junk out there. I deduced life so that it fit the cultural foolishness. Like Oprah. She was a good Christian. Then she got sucked into some weird stuff! I didn't go in that direction, but mine was just as stupid. And illogical. A smart little kid could easily see that most of it didn't make much sense.
I got a phone message yesterday: a reminder of my monday afternoon VA appointment. Huh - didn't know I had one! I have not picked up mail in a week. (Why? If I don't have the money then I can't pay the bills and worrying about them does not help!) So I called today to cancel. I will be working that morning and would not be able to make it to the appointment on time. Besides it doesn't hurt so badly now.
Chica came by just as I was leaving work. I gave him the letter and some stuff I had been looking for for him on the net. We talked for a while. I wanted to run to church to pick up something but we visited til well after closing. Then the lady who needs the roommate came by - she has inside cats.
I was planning on the beach with the kid but by the time I got into my car it was almost 1800 so we went home. He wanted to eat early anyway. And now I am typing....
No comments:
Post a Comment